14 April – Maundy Thursday 7.30pm at Leith St. Andrew’s Church
15 April – Good Friday 7.30pm at Pilrig St. Paul’s Church
17 April – Easter Sunday 11am at Pilrig St. Paul’s
With the Scottish Government removing most of the legal requirements regarding COVID 19 precautions from 21 March 2022, the Kirk Session has agreed we can relax many of the protective measures the church has been obliged to take during the pandemic.
From the Sunday 27 March 2022 we will remove the following requirements.
• Track & Trace, we will no longer collect the contact details from those attending church
• Social distancing, the congregation can mix freely, sit where they wish and don’t need to keep 1m apart
• Capacity limits no longer apply to any area in the building
• The One-way system will be removed, people can move about and sit as they wish
• Pew cushions and hymn books will be returned to the sanctuary
• We will retain the hand sanitizers and encourage their use on entry to the building and encourage thorough hand washing when using the toilets
• The Sunday offering will continue to be collected in the Open Doorway as you enter
• We will restart refreshments after the service once the repairs to the Session Room are complete
We are aware that some people may wish to continue to take additional precautions while the pandemic continues, and the Pilrig Street side pews will remain marked out at 1m separation for those who wish to use that.
The legal requirement to use a face covering in public buildings has not yet been removed so everyone not already exempt must use a face covering until otherwise advised.
People can, of course, continue to use a face covering after the legal requirement is removed if they wish to do so.